Thursday, January 26, 2012

KUGGING


I created a portmanteau yesterday. I'm sure people have already created it, but I'm taking credit. If you've forgotten, a "portmanteau" is a combination of words both in sound and meaning as in "smog," which was created by combining the words "smoke" and "fog" to create something new. Yesterday I walked into the kitchen and kissed and hugged Linda at the same time. In my mind was born the portmanteau "kug," to kiss and hug together. I think it has great possibilities, and, in these busy times, it decreases our writing and speaking load. "Kiss and hug" requires 10 letters and two spaces. "Kug" only 3 letters. Possible uses? How about, "I hadn't seen her in years, and when I saw her across the room I immediately wanted to kug her." Or "I remember the night we got engaged, we were kugging constantly." Or "It's so embarrassing when my old Aunt Lavinia comes to visit and immediately wants to kug me." And instead of writing those silly x's and o's at the bottom of birthday cards, you can just write a couple of kugs. It'll probably take some time to get this term into general usage, but I know with your help, we can do it!! 1/26/12

No comments:

Post a Comment