Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Day Two. . .

   and my biggest worry is that I will be unable to properly post today's entry. Computer stuff that is user friendly to most people is user sadistic to me.  I wanted to load a couple of pictures yesterday, but I couldn't figure out how to get them where I wanted them.  Ah, well. . .
Although this isn't related to writing, I had a lot of fun last night talking to 3 of my fraternity brothers from oh so many years past.  I was amazed how their voices hadn't changed even though I hadn't heard them in close to 25 years.  Actually, I once wrote half a novel about my fraternity. . . a long time ago.  It was titled BRAND X,  so my calls to my old friends are minorly writing related.  And the brothers of Alpha Lambda Chi will know to what the title refers.  Perhaps, their voices will rise in a glorious hymn!
I have so rewritten the first chapter of TISHA AND THE GIANT that I'm afraid I may be screwing it up.  Here follows the first sentence to Chapter One:

"The first Friday of school that year was a glorious late summer day with a huge blue sky, a temperature in the high seventies, and just enough breeze finding its way into the windows of Hampton High School during ninth period to rustle the papers in the looseleaf notebooks and carry in the sweet smell of the grass being cut on the athletic fields."

I used to love the first Friday of any school year.  There was the take-a-breath feel to it, the promise of the first Saturday of the year, and a hint of great possibilities in the air.  Tomorrow I think I'll write about why I write for teenagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment