Monday, March 23, 2009

To begin with. . .

My blog is The Blue Moon Grille, and I am the Motleyblogger.  This is enough information to reveal my identity to those who know me, and enough information for me to remain anonymous to those who don't.
I, the Motleyblogger, am a retired English teacher, a playwright of limited but joyous success, and a dabbler in many kinds of writing.  In this blog, I plan on chronicling, among other things, the progress of my writing and my attempts to get published.  I have decided that maybe if I blog about it, I will actually send some of my work to some real publishing houses and see just what the heck might occur.  Perhaps, a few people, will enjoy following my efforts.  (I'd call them struggles, but they really aren't, because I am really loving writing these days.)
Currently, I am working on two projects.  I have been wrapped up recently in the rewriting of a young adult novel which I first finished a couple of years ago.  (Notice the alliteration in that sentence.  Outstanding!)  Its title is TISHA AND THE GIANT, and it's the story of Tisha, one of those high school golden girls for whom everything has always gone swell, and whose picture perfect life starts to crumble.  It is also the story of Kevin, a fanciful boy who imagines he is a superhero named the Giant.  Kevin has a super crush on Tisha, who is his math tutor, and when he realizes she is being stalked by a man he calls the "Lump," Kevin decides he must become her protector.
I am also about two-thirds through this summer's SUMMERPLAY script.  It is titled ARTHUR REDUX, which means, in case you don't know, "Arthur returns."  Part of the Arthurian legend is that someday, the King who created the round table will return.  (Rather Christ-symbolish, don't you think?) In the play, he returns with Merlin the Magician, and they end up in modern day Cape Cod.  I haven't worked on ARTHUR too much this past week, because I've been tied up with TISHA AND THE GIANT, but if I'm going to meet my completion deadline by April 15, I'd better get my acts in gear. 
Enough for today.  Now I have to figure out how to get this crazy blog properly together.

No comments:

Post a Comment