Friday, April 24, 2009

I made contact with. . .

one of my favorite students from the past yesterday.  Dave Fischer and I communicated through FACEBOOK.  I had no idea he had been the keyboard man in Roosevelt Dean's blues band for quite awhile, and that he had been very active musically over the past few years.
Dave is a writer, too, and has published several books.  He is a naturalist, and I have one of his volumes which deals with edible mushrooms.
Dave was big into drama while in high school, too, and was a really good actor.  He played Linus in YOU'RE  A GOOD MAN CHARLIE BROWN, the barber in MAN OF LA MANCHA, the doctor in THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE, and the rabbi in FIDDLER ON THE ROOF.  Dave may be best remembered for a misstep.  In one of the FIDDLER production numbers, probably TRADITION, he fell from the stage into the orchestra pit.  Worry not, he got back up and never missed a beat.
I am getting nearer to the end of ARTHUR REDUX.  Soon I'll be sending a PDF of the play to people on the SUMMERPLAY mailing list.  Anyone wanting to read a copy and currently reading this blog, feel free to request one.  Definitely feel free to audition, too.  
Postscript:  When Dave fell into the pit, it was revealed that he was wearing red soxes underneath his rabbi garb.

No comments:

Post a Comment