Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thanks to Scott Rezsnyak. . .

. . .for telling me how to get my blog to more people. I hope I followed the instructions correctly.  Some E-moron invaded my FACEBOOK account and tried to turn it into an advertisement for a dating service or something.  FACEBOOK warned me and told me to change my password.  I wish there was a way to get retribution, and I'm sorry for anyone who might have opened it.
       I finally bought a car.  After hemming and hawing about it for so long, the actual purchase was easy.  I found a low mileage Chrysler convertible (I do love convertibles.  This one will be the 4th one I've owned including my Wrangler) for a really good price and bought it.  It's blue with a lot of good options.
     I'm taking a day off from writing ARTHUR REDUX.  I need to leave the denizens of the Avalon Inn for awhile.  I'm doing some more rewriting on TISHA AND THE GIANT.  If anyone would like to read the first chapter, which I've rewritten over and over, and comment, I would be thrilled, although I know everyone is busy.  Remember it's a young adult novel that I've pounded away on for years.   
       The next time you can't think of a nice thing to say to your husband or wife or boyfriend or girlfriend or significant other, be literary.  Say, "You have a very kissable mouth!--F. Scott Fitzgerald."  Two extra points for those who know the story from which that quote came.

Special to Jake:  I've even rewritten the first chapter since you read it.  How goes your own writing?  I imagine you're pretty wrapped up in the end of the year stuff to get much done.

3 comments:

  1. Jake we both got mentions... IN THE SAME POST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...of course, my name IS in the title...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been super busy and have not had time to get to it however I hope that can change at some point! Thanks for the nod and always feel free to send things my way!

    ReplyDelete