Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Wind Chill May Be 10 Below, But We've Still Got the 'Cuse


We've had SU season Basketball tickets since the time of Pearl Washington. It's our SU seats that keep us from going south earlier in the winter. This year's team just might be my favorite, personality-wise, of any in all those years, and it's the joy and espirit de corps that these guys bring to each game that makes them so special. They can throw down a dunk, swish a 3 from 25, and deliver laser passes, too. And no one on the team ticks me off by moping or bitching, either. (Woops, I forgot about Mookie.) Well, maybe the Mook can learn, and if he can't, I understand that Iona would love to give him a scholarship.

The Big East season starts tonight. Seton Hall is tough. We could lose, but I don't think we will. Whatever occurs, I'm going to enjoy Andy's 3's, Brandon's drives, Wes's dunks, Arinze's lumbering slams, Rick's trash clean up, Kris bouncing to the hoop like a 6'7" puppy, Scoop playing so much better than I ever thought he could, Mookie's attempts to look like he really enjoys passing, and whoever else might play joining in the fun. If only Josh Pace could somehow be on this team. Now that would make it perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment