Monday, September 14, 2009

A Wonderful Wedding and LMAO Misinterpreted

I wish I had something to talk about concerning my writing, but I haven't heard from either of the publishers who have my plays or the agents that I queried.  I have to accept the "no news is good news" philosophy, I guess.   I'm doing some rewriting, trying to get back to ZOMBIES ARE US, and thinking about SUMMERPLAY 2010.
Congratulations to Anna and Andrew, who are probably in Aruba by now.  My niece was married on Saturday.  It was a beautiful ceremony complete with gorgeous bride and nervous groom.  The reception was fun and the food was tasty, and it was terrific seeing so many relatives we don't get to see that often.  There was only one, how shall I put it, "unique" activity at the reception.  The D.J. called all the mothers and daughters to the dance floor for a mother/daughter dance.  I had never before seen one of these.  And the ladies all scurried up to the front and began dancing wildly.  Soon it evolved into a big circle dance with much clapping and bouncing.  Even my 86 year old mother was involved.  Is womenhood a secret cult?  I was frightened that the DJ would next call for a father/son dance, and I was not going to dance with my son-in-law.
Well, I know I provided a few laughs for people today when, on FACEBOOK, I asked just what IMAO, which I had been seeing in postings, meant. I soon received several replies.  Now I know that it wasn't IMAO but LMAO, which means "laughing my ass off," which I'm sure everyone who saw my question was doing at me.  I decided to counter my mistake, with a campaign in favor of "IMAO."  I suggested that to a poison ivy victim, it could mean "itching my ass off."  A person who had taken a nasty fall on his bum might be "icing my ass off."  That could also apply to a bakery worker who was overwhelmed by a huge cupcake order.  Pity the farmer who must "irrigate my ass off."  Or the mimic who must constantly "imitate my ass off."  Then there is the luggage checker at the airport who claims I must "inspect my ass off."  I once knew a special ed. teacher who said everyday I have to "individualize my ass off."  Legend has it that above his laboratory door in Menlo Park, Thomas Edison had a sign which read "In This Place I Invent My Ass Off.  Andd at this point I am done iterating my ass off!

No comments:

Post a Comment