Sunday, May 3, 2009

I'm back on Sunday. . .

rather than on Saturday as I thought I would.  It has been a busy weekend.  I hate it when my writing (Lions Club Newsletters, meeting minutes and such) gets in the way of my writing.
     I worked on ARTHUR REDUX for a bit this evening.   I am well into the final scene, and with luck, I will finish tomorrow.  I will definitely choose a day for a read-through and days for auditions tomorrow, post them here, and send them to everyone on the SUMMERPLAY e-mail list.
     One of my favorite movies is ANIMAL HOUSE.  I was watching a DVR'd BONES episode yesterday, a show which I don't always watch, and discovered that it was a clever take-off on ANIMAL HOUSE.  Instead of Dean Wormer, the dean was Dean Warmer, but his wife still went to bed with one of the students.  One of the campus goodie twoshoes was named Greg Harmalard.  In AH it was Greg Marmalard.  The fraternity had a toga party.  Booth's brother had a motorcycle like D. Day's.  A character dressed up as an otter.  It was more fun watching for AH references than paying attention to the story.  Those of you who have never had the pleasure of watching ANIMAL HOUSE won't know what I am talking about.  Sorry.
         And now for the first time the character list for ARTHUR REDUX, available first to the readers of THE BLUE MOON GRILLE.  The setting is Cape Cod in the summer of 2009.  The cast includes:  Arthur--King of All England and somehow in current Mass., Merlin--Arthur's teacher and wizard (These characters are in their 40's or 50's, or perhaps younger or older.)
Captain Asa Elbridge, innkeeper of the Avalon Inn, Phoebe, his unpleasant sister-in-law, Patience, Modesty, and Chastity, his three daughters in their late teens or early 20's.  Abel, Oscar and Klaus, their fisherman boyfriends.  Members of the Mordred Society including:  Dr. Fuller Krupp; his wife Mabel; Corpulenta and Lucretia, the Pendergast sisters, Charlie Sloot, and Simon Corn.  (Save for the Krupp's who should be 40ish, the others are of varying ages). Fay Morgan, journalist with a secret and one hot mama.  The hotel staff including:  Stu the bartender: Nellie, the chambermaid; Katie, the summer intern; and Emily Leo, the manager of the gift shop.  Plus Rex Cooper Emily's boyfriend.  (Emily and Rex are in their 20's, Katie is 20ish, and Nellie and Stu are whatever.)

No comments:

Post a Comment