Monday, May 11, 2009

Years ago. . .

. . .I remember reading about how writers would rewrite and rewrite for weeks and even months before finally being happy with their work.  Back in those days of heavy self-confidence, I couldn't imagine ever rewriting to such an extent.  Now I understand. I am rewriting things to the point of distraction, but I'm glad that I am.
     Got back from Rochester at 2:00.  Picked up Lucy at the B&B for dogs at 2:30.  Sat down to rewrite the final scene of  ARTHUR REDUX at 3:00.  Wrote til 4:20.  Rode my exercise bike for 42 minutes, the length of one episode of "24" Season 1 on DVD.  Did 100 ab crunches on a stability ball.  Took a shower.  Ate.  Back writing at 6:20.  Wrote until 8:35.  Am final pleased with the final scene.  I'll launch it tomorrow by PDF for those who are interested. 
     I received LASSIE AND THE MYSTERY OF BLACKBERRY BOG yesterday.  My newly acquired copy is just like the one I had back in the 50's, except the pages are kind of yellow and smell a little musty.  On the cover was a little sticker that listed the price as 59 cents.  Perhaps my memory isn't so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment