Monday, May 25, 2009

Is it friggin'. . .

. . .or is it frickin'?  This is my dilemma.  When you write dialogue to be spoken by teenagers, you need to use one or the other now and then, unless you want to get really down and dirty.  Now, I personal favor friggin'.  There's a funny movie starring Michael Keaton.  In it, there's a gangster from some exotic locale, who can't deal with American profanity.   He's always talking about farging iceholes and bastidges.  Maybe I should go with that?  No fargin' way!  My answer to the question in TISHA is to have the villain say frickin', which is not what he would say, but I don't like to use those @**&#*%@** symbols for cursing.  Then I have everybody else say friggin', because I like most of the other characters and I am a friggin' man, myself.
      Hey, what the frig!  I had to have something to blog about today.

1 comment:

  1. I believe with our upstate New York accents, it would be "frickin' ", but with a Cape Cod accent it would be "friggin' ". Remember the scene from Boondock Saints when the detectives were describing the mysterious assailants as " 'uge friggin' gois." -Matt

    ReplyDelete