Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Without a doubt. . .

. . .the most commented upon blog I have ever posted was the friggin' controversy.  Who would have guessed that so many people would have a frickin' opinion on this topic.  The one that I appreciated the most came from Cathy Carpenter, who was my student, oh, 38 or 39 years ago.  Cathy said that the OED, if you don't know what it is look up, gives the nod to "frig" as the word of choice when you're providing a euphemism for you know what.  Cathy also recalled that when I was a young teacher, I uttered the statement, that something was "way the far away from here."  I do not plan to started using "far" in place of "frig."
     Those who are drama oriented, remember that next Tues. and Wed., 6/2 & 3, are scheduled for ARTHUR REDUX auditions.  The location is the community room of the library, and the time is from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m.  I hope to see lots of new faces and lots of old faces.  Well, not literally old, or perhaps, that is what I mean.  Lindsay Whalen won't be with us this summer.  She's doing LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS in Rochester.  Luke Mohr won't either as he is teaching and studying for his Phd. at UMass Amherst.  We will really miss both Lindsay and Luke, but only Luke gave freely of his hair whenever it was needed.  I'm also really sorry that Karen Bundle, who lots of you know or maybe had as a teacher, and who was in the cast of BLUE MOON GRILLE, passed away last week.  She was a great person, and she really loved the theatre.
     I made real progress on TISHA AND THE GIANT today.  I actually may meet my deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment